{{ getTotalHits() | thousandNumberSeperatorFilter }} resultater Filter
{{group.groupName}}

{{ group.groupName }}

Medlemmer: {{group.memberCount}}
Forside Forum Medlemmer Annoncer {{ group.itemMoreItems }}
383 visninger | Oprettet:

2 stroke vs 4 stroke scooter {{forumTopicSubject}}

Hi everyone, I have been driving a 4-stroke VGA explora for a year now, and in a year I changed 3 different ones mainly because of malfunctions.

I have been assured by my mechanics that 2-stroke engine scooters are far more reliable and that I should buy one of those.

I drive for wolt so I am looking for a reliable scooter that will start without trouble and that can be driven with a low possibility of stoping out of thin air.

My biggest problem was that I would try to turn on my scooter and it wouldn't work because of whatever issue that it had, then I would need to rent a van and transport my scooter to the mechanic. It's an expensive logistical nightmare.

Anyway I am looking for a second opinion, basically, will the 2 stroke engined scooter solve my issues?

Thank you

Spar penge på din forsikring

Kommentarer på:  2 stroke vs 4 stroke scooter
  • #1   11. jan 2023 you Should find Some piaggio/Gileria/Aprilia scooter, they are more reliable, VGA engine is "Made in china"

i only drive 2 strokes, But 4 strokes are cheaper in gas and dosent need the same maintance smiley

i drive 2 strokes Because I tune em xD

• #2   11. jan 2023 If you are planning to ride the scooter legally, then get a good 4 stroke. Vga scooters are cheap chinese trash.

Get a 4 stroke italian like piaggion. Even peugeot 4 strokes are better, even though they use the same engine as vga. Peugeot uses better electrical parts in general. Usually vga scooters break down because of the electrics and not mechanically(although it still happens as with any engine)

2 strokes arent ideal if you are driving them legally. They use a lot of gas compared to 4 strokes and they have to run at high rpms to go 30kmh. If gas isnt a problem, then yeah, get a 2 stroke. If you want to drive many km per liter of gas, then get a 4 stroke.

And as a tip, avoid thansen scooters and such. Even keeway, motowell and moto cr are better than vga, and they are all made in china. Moto cr is good for a chinese 4 stroke, but they are too expensive imo. I would avoid electric scooters all togheder in your case, as it has limited range and extra/replacement batteries are VERY expensive and pretty heavy.

• #3   11. jan 2023 2strokes are more reliable.
    Fewer things can go wrong.

But when it comes to 50cc scooters in denmark it's even more true.
    That's in part because 99% the quality bikes that you can get in denmark, happen to be two strokes.

i'd recommend a 2 stroke if you want it to be super dependable and not expensive to service.

Only downside to buying a quality twostroke scooter in denmark is, they are very very hard to find in good condition.
    And they are rarely sold in streetlegal configuration so it requires some research to be a succes.

Example of bikes i'd recommend
    https://www.dba.dk/piaggio-piaggio-vespa-lx-50/id-1097441094/

https://www.dba.dk/gilera-runner-sp-2005-graa/id-1097705314/

Avoid anything made in china.
    Be prepared to pay more if you want something ready to ride in legal configuraiton and good condition.
    Spareparts are available everywhere and there's tons of info online about common issues and easy fixes.

After a full service a bike like that can do 10'000km and be stand in a barn for 5 years and still run better and more reliably than a brand new chinese fakename bike

Kommentér på:
2 stroke vs 4 stroke scooter

Annonce