{{ group.groupName }}

Medlemmer: {{group.memberCount}}
Forside Forum Medlemmer Annoncer {{ group.itemMoreItems }}
1.734 visninger | Oprettet:

Joshua H
Joshua H
Følger: 13 Emner: 1 Svar: 1

Official rules defining a Knallert 30 and a Knallert 45? {{forumTopicSubject}}

First of all, I’d like to apologize for writing this post in English. Despite living and working here (and being half-danish), my written danish is embarrassingly bad without the help of Google Translate. Either way I hope you all can help clear up some confusion I’ve been having regarding the knallert/scooter laws. I’m 15 at the moment, and hoping to take my “lille knallert” license in the coming months. This is mostly because I recently decided that I *needed* to own a Vespa, and I’ve been obsessing over the idea ever since.

The whole thing has inspired me to get a job and put a lot of work into researching all the necessary Vespa related things one might research, but there’s one thing I can’t quite figure out, and that is what exactly distinguishes the “lille” and “stor” knallerts. Borger.dk and other official websites phrase the rules as being that different licensing is only there to prevent people from willfully driving over the limit, rather than preventing people from buying something that technically *can*.

Now I had assumed after reading this that of the government wouldn’t place restrictions on what scooters I legally could and couldn’t own based on whether one could hypothetically maybe drive 15km/h faster than another, but looking at scooters that are actually for sale has confused me greatly. I’ve seen scooters that physically cannot exceed 30km/h because of manufacturer limits, but also had dba sellers tell me that their vintage scooter, despite being able to exceed 45km/h, was legally still a “lille knallert” because of its age. On the other end of things, tiny little 50cc 25 year old Vespa scooters have been described to me as “knallert 45”s by other sellers. If anyone here understands these laws better than me, I’d greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Joshua smiley

Spar penge på din forsikring

Kommentarer på:  Official rules defining a Knallert 30 and a Knallert 45?
  • #1   2. sep 2019 The VIN number can tell you if it's a 30 km/h or 45 km/h scooter.

A 30 is only "allowed" to go up to 30 km/h, but most 30 scooters can go up to around 40'ish km/h without any trouble with the law, & a 45 km/h can also go a little faster.

It requires a drivers license for either a car or motorcycle to ride a 45 while it only requires a Scooter / moped license to ride a 30 km/h scooter.

• Joshua H
    Joshua H Tilmeldt:
    sep 2019

Følger: 13 Emner: 1 Svar: 1
    #2   2. sep 2019 What on the VIN number tells me the type? I’m not seeing any obvious indicators on the VINs of my scooters of interest.

• #3   2. sep 2019 #2 nothing. You can write down the vin and check it up at nummerplade.net or call your local police station to get an answer I will prefer to call the police. They can also tell you if it is at stolen vehicle

• #4   2. sep 2019 Another Important thing is the registration papers. Lille knallert after 1 juli 2006 needs registration papers so you can get the license plates. Lille knallert before 1 juli 2006 don't need any papers. Except insurrence papers that you need to have whit you all the time.

• Reject ™
    Reject ™ Hjælpe-administrator

Følger: 12 Følgere: 48 Scootere: 4 Emner: 13 Svar: 6.036
    #6   2. sep 2019 Vintage or not, its not allowed to exceed 30 km/h + 10%, its the drivers responsibility that the scooter is in full legal condition.

Kommentér på:
Official rules defining a Knallert 30 and a Knallert 45?

Annonce