Medlemmer: {{group.memberCount}}
Forside Forum Medlemmer Annoncer {{ group.itemMoreItems }}
1.102 visninger | Oprettet:

Daniel V
Daniel V
Følger: 1 Emner: 2 Svar: 3

[Suggestion/Help] Scooter for 4000 DKK {{forumTopicSubject}}

Hi scootergalleri guys!

First of all, I am very sorry for writing this in English.
I have just basics in Danish and therefore I can have only basic conversation yet.

I am currently planning to buy a new (read "used") scooter and my budget is around 4000 DKK + insurance and number plate registration fee.
I used to have second-hand VGA scooter. I bought it when it was 1 year old and it had driven 1800 km. I had it for about a year and half and I got it to 6800 km. After 2200 km it started to broke down almost every 500 km. It a nightmare. First was battery, then some kind of leaking problems, carburator issues, starter broken down in 5000 km and so on.
I used that scooter all year long, in spring, summer, autumn, winter. I kept it at garage during nights.
The only advantage is that I have Thansen workshop/service center very close to my apartment.

I sold it pretty cheap and now I am thinking to buy a new one.
I am living in the Odense and I do not mind travelling for the scooter for about 100 km around.

The question for me is which one to buy?
I am thinking about VGA Firefox, 1-2 years old with around 2000 - 3500 km but I am afraid it will be same hassle as my previous VGA scooter.
I need it on daily basis. From Monday - Sunday and if possible also as reliable as it can be because my work depends on it (I am delivering on the scooter and I am getting to school with it).

My other options were to find some PGO, Peugeot Speedfight, Yamaha Neos, Kimco Agility etc. in that price range but I do not know where I can get these scooters serviced in Odense if needed? Also what are their reliability compared to for example VGA Firefox?
I tried to search for some service centers in Odense and I could not find any except Thansen.

I have driver license "B" group, so I want either scooter which has 45 km/h max (knallert 45) or the one which has 80 km/h max.

Your suggestions?

TLDR: Looking for reliable scooter in Fyn area which has service center in Odense and can withstand around 6000 KM per year without too much servicing

Thank you so much!! smiley

Spar penge på din forsikring

Kommentarer på:  [Suggestion/Help] Scooter for 4000 DKK
  • #1   20. jul 2018 Dont buy cheap chinese crap again, the money you "save" by buying a cheap chinense scooter is gonna be wasted in repairs anyways.

Even though PGO is made in taiwan its still a very reliable machine also peugeot and yamaha are all good brands, just stay away from the others. smiley

like Kymco, baotian, VGA, SYM and CPI. Unreliable bad brands.
    dont know if you're interested in machines with gear, if you are then stay away from GENERIC and APOLLO machines.

• Daniel V
    Daniel V Tilmeldt:
    jul 2018

#2   20. jul 2018 Thanks!
    I will look for PGO, Peugeot and Yamaha then.

And about the service centers - is there any map somewhere where I can see the list of service centers / workshops in Odense to get these scooters repaired?

• #3   20. jul 2018 Piaggio and Gilera are very reliable too

• #4   20. jul 2018 Consider a "brand" 4 stroke.
    But the price will be too high.

So youre stuck with an older model and im guessing you need it to be street legal?

I think you should go with a PGO Hot 50.
    Realiable and cheat to reapir, due to really cheap parts and the karburator is easily accessible.
    Only issue can be the two screws holding the exhaust to the cylinder will rust and get stuck, if not treated with coppergrease.

• Daniel V
    Daniel V Tilmeldt:
    jul 2018

#5   20. jul 2018 I see, I will look for these brands and models then. Many thanks! smiley

I currently spoke with Thansen and they repair only VGA and Sym scooters.
    And none of the scooter selllers were able to tell me where I could get either Peugeot or PGO scooter repaired if I need to smiley

edit: 2Tommy - Yes I want to drive street legal. No plans on restriction removal.

• #6   20. jul 2018 Pers cykler Odense c Pgo and Peugeot dealer

• #7   20. jul 2018 Trust me.
    You don't want your nice bike serviced at thansen anyway smiley

I know someone who bought tyres at thansen and had them changed there.
    Big ugly scratches in his rim.
    Did they even touch it up with some paint? No. Mention it? No

Should they have bought him a brand new rim in replacement?
    Yes

Are they gonna do it?
    No.

Did he take pictures of the rims prior, to prove that they damaged it? No.

SYM and PGO are taiwanese bikes, quality is.... budget..

I bought a piaggio nrg power 2 years ago. Its 9 years old and has done nearly 20000km now.

It looks new!

I paid 4000 for it. It was dirty, neglected (no wd40 on exposed metals) and it ran like shit.
    It was legal, and could probably do another 5000km without much work needed, but i like my bikes fast and well tuned, so i spent 3000 on upgrades plus some on tyres etc.

I did 5000km on it since then, and only had minor issues.
    It always starts up and it rides really really well.

• #8   20. jul 2018 Don't worry too much about where you can get it serviced or repaired.

If you buy a scooter that no one offers reapairs on, it's most likely because it's not a money making machine for the dealer smiley

You're lucky you can choose a 45km moped.
    80km mopeda dont exist in denmark infortunately.

But 45km mopeds are genrally cheaper than identical 30km mopeds.
    Simply because tuning a scooter is pubished harder with 45km mopeds than the 30km ones.

Ever since my first bike, i only ever buy used bikes.

The premium for a new one is not worth it, and almost all services done on a scooter is overpriced and super easy to do yourself.

Be careful with buying used peugeot 4 stroke scooters.
    The spare parts can be hard to come by

If you want bang for your buck, i suggest getting a piaggio or gilera, large sport touring scooter with 10000-15000 km on it and between 5-10 years old.

Every respectable scooter workshop will do repairs on them if you need to.
    Spare parts can be had everywhere, even used.

They are over engineered and you generally get a bike that runs well, looks good, maintains its value and most likely wont die even if you crash it a handful of times

• #9   20. jul 2018 Sry, i hit the wrong letters on mu keyboard all the time.
    Too much to bother corrwcting the mistakrs hehe.
    Hope u understand anyways.
    Ask if theres anything you dont understand hehe

• #10   20. jul 2018 A good tip when buying used.
    If the bike has been on dba for more than a month, chances are that you don't want it either smiley
    Most bikes worth buying are sold within 1 week.

I wasn't being serious when i said not to worry if noone will repair your bike...
    Of course someone will smiley
    You probably wont get a bike that noone will repair. those are pretty rare.
    There has to be a mechanic that can work on your bike somewhere near odense!

Another thing. If you get a 45km scooter, i would seriously recommend getting a pretty big one.
    They feel more stable on the road.
    The car drivers show more respect.
    Wind protection is typically better etc.

And vice versa if you get a 30km bike.
    The big ones seriously feel too big for the bicycle lanes most of the time i think.

Oh and i personally wouldnt get the yamaha neos btw
    There is not enough leg room for me (just over 180cm), the storage under the seat is too small, the luggage hook by the knees is positioned too low so any bag hooked there will easily fall off the foot panel and dangle off the side of the scooter.
    They're also overpriced. For what you get as a rider. It may be good craftsmanship, but the ride characteristics aren't well suited to denmark.
    Probably why i see so few of them.
    They're not worth their pricetag, especially as a 45km scooter in denmark.
    Too much icon, too little bike for your buck

• #11   21. jul 2018 Piaggio & Gilera are both very solid scooters. They have the Hi-per engine, which i like very much, because of the nice quality. They just run like a charm everyday.

Yamaha is nice too tho.. I don't really like PGO, VGA, TGB, SYM, Giantco and all those.

Kommentér på:
[Suggestion/Help] Scooter for 4000 DKK

Annonce